“You don’t win friends with a salad.” – Homer Simpson
Another tasty summer salad dish. Makes a great offering for summer BBQs. Adapted from Chaos In The Kitchen.
- 2 large heads of broccoli, florets only, diced
- 6 slices of bacon, minced, cooked
- 1/4 cup small red grapes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup Greek or Turkish yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
Combine broccoli, bacon, grapes, cheddar, onion, and almonds in a large bowl. Mix together yogurt, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad, toss, and chill.
I cooked my bacon with some red wine and a heavy dose of freshly ground black pepper.