I spotted this recipe on For The Love Of Cooking and made some changes. This was really tasty both hot and cold.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into bite sized chunks
- 12 ounces kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 ounces feta cheese, sliced into bite sized chunks
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Bring vegetable broth to a boil, add garlic, parsley, oregano, and quinoa. Cook on medium heat until all water is absorbed.
Meanwhile, saute zucchini in olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper until soft and slightly browned.
In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, olives, feta, quinoa, and zucchini. Serve immediately.
You can also refrigerate the mixture and serve cold.
Roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts would make good additions.
The original recipe also called for sliced, raw red onion.