“I don’t like spinach, and I’m glad I don’t, because if I liked it I’d eat it, and I just hate it.” -Clarence Darrow
This is another great recipe I modified from Closet Cooking.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, julienned
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups white beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the package.
- While the quinoa is cooking, caramelize the onions and mushrooms in butter.
- Add the vinegar to the pan.
- Mix in sugar, mustard, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is a few minutes from being done, add white beans and stir thoroughly.
- Stir the spinach into the quinoa and white beans, turn off the heat and allow to sit for ten minutes.
- Spoon quinoa and white beans into serving bowls. Top with onions and mushrooms.
- Serve garnished with feta cheese.